The National Literacy Strategy suggests the High Frequency Words that pupils need to know should be reinforced through practice and exploration activities.
These three workbooks are designed for:-
- Pupils in Reception, who are learning these words for the first time.
- Pupils in Year 1 and 2, who need to consolidate knowledge of the first 45 words.
- Pupils in Key Stage 2, who are taking longer to read, remember and write the words out of context.
- Pupils in inclusion groups in mainstream schools that may need differentiated words readily available.
- Pupils in Key Stages 1, 2 and 3 in Special Schools.
The contents include:-
- Joining Words 'Look, Cover, Write, Check' spelling
- Handwriting practice
- Word spotting
Each page has clear instructions and Self Assessment.
Books 1B and 1C contain the same type of content as 1A, but provide further practice activities at the same level of difficulty. Suitable for 6 - 12 year olds